- THE RULES REQUIRE the Convention be held IN PERSON ONLY.
- THE RULES REQUIRE all votes cast at the Convention are by PAPER BALLOT ONLY.
- THE RULES REQUIRE UNIFORMITY OF VOTING at the Convention.
- The SC GOP is breaking RULES by not providing a 10-day notice of the Convention location as required.
– SC GOP RULES REQUIRE A SINGLE LOCATION FOR THE STATE REPUBLICAN PARTY CONVENTION IN MAY. GOP elected servants are violating Rule 7 (a) (1) which calls for the state convention to “meet at a location in this state”. A single location. Not multiple locations, not even a couple of locations, but “A” location as in ONE.
(a) State Convention
(1) The state convention shall meet at a location in this state determined by the state committee to have adequate facilities during the month of May of every non-general election year on a day and at a time fixed by the state committee and announced publicly at least ten days before the meeting.
– The Convention does NOT have to take place on May 15; the rules clearly state in the MONTH of May (no date specified). Notice has to go out 10 days prior to the meeting. Thus, there is time to schedule a SINGLE LOCATION to accommodate delegates.
– There’s no authority for the “hybrid” meeting, and the words and spirit of the Rules are to foster IN PERSON gatherings.
– “Covid Danger” is no excuse, as Governor McMaster fully re-opened South Carolina for business back in March.